ŠIRAŇOVÁ, Mária, Ing., M.A. PhD.
|ŠIRAŇOVÁ, Mária, Ing., M.A. PhD.|
|Oddelenie meny a medzinárodných financií|
|Katedra bankovníctva a medzinárodných financií|
|+421 2 6729 1313|
Selected Scientific Articles:
1. SIRANOVA, M. - DUARTE ROCHA, M. (2020). Determinants shaping the international currency system: Where do currencies stand relative to their equilibria? World Economy. 43(2), 458-483.
2. NEMETHOVA, V. - SIRANOVA, M. - SIPIKAL. (2019). M. Public support for firms in lagging regions - Evaluation of Innovation Subsidy in Slovakia. Science and Public Policy, 46(2), 173-183.
3. SIRANOVA, M. - RADVANSKY, M. (2018). Performance of the Macroeconomic imbalance procedure in light of historical experience in CEE region. Journal of Economic Policy Reform, 21(4), 335-352.
4. HORVATH, R. – KOTLEBOVA, J. – SIRANOVA, M. (2018). Interest Rate Pass-Through in the Euro Area: Financial Fragmetation, Balance Sheet Policies and Negative Rates. In Journal of Financial Stability, 36, 12-21.
5. SIRANOVA, M. – WORKIE TIRUNEH, M. (2018). Exploding net errors and omissions as a capital flight phenomenon: the case of Slovakia. In Applied Economics, 50(16), 1866-1884.
6. SIRANOVA, M. – KOTLEBOVA, J. (2018). SVAR Description of ECB Monetary Policy Effects via Banking Sector in Individual EA Countries Case of Slovenia. In International Journal of Monetary Economics and Finance, 11(1), 56-75.
7. CUPIC, M. - SIRANOVA, M. (2018). Banking Sector in the Process of European Integration: How Did EU Accession and Euro Adoption Affect Cost Efficiency of Slovak Banking Sector? In Ekonomicky casopis, 66(2), 115-138.
8. DOMONKOS, T. – OSTRIHON, F. – SIKULOVA, I. – SIRANOVA, M. (2017). Analysing the Relevance of the MIP Scoreboard's Indicators. In National Institute Economic Review, 239(1), p. R32-R52.
9. KOTLEBOVA, J. - SIRANOVA, M. (2017). Stimulating Economic Recovery through EA Growth Poles: Call for More Directed Unconventional Monetary Policy Measures? In Equilibrium: Quarterly Journal of Economics and Economic Policy, 12(4), p. 633-653.
10. SIRANOVA, M. (2015). European banking network in light of the single supervisory mechanism from the network analysis perspective. In Financial assets and investing, Brno : Masaryk University, No. 1 (January), p. 35-57.
Work in progress:
1. SIRANOVA, M. - WORKIE TIRUNEH, M. - FISERA, B. Do hot flows submit to the Lucas paradox in Europe? Empirical evidence from hot flow capital-based network. International Review of Economics and Finance. 2nd Revise and Resubmit.
2. LYOCSA, S. - MOLNAR, P. - PLIHAL, T. - SIRANOVA, M. Impact of Macroeconomic News, Regulation and Hacking Exchange Markets on the Volatility of Bitcoin. Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control. Revise and Resubmit.
3. TURA-GAWRON, K. - SIRANOVA, M. - FLISIKOWSKI, K. Are consumer inflation expectations an international phenomenon? Results of spatial regression models. Work in progress.
4. SIRANOVA, M. - TURA-GAWRON, K. Do the historical inflation experiences result in inflation expectations heterogeneity in European Union member states? Work in progress.
5. DUJAVA, D. - SIRANOVA, M. Is it Me or You? A Deeper Insight into Profile of Misreporting Economies. Work in progress.
6. SIRANOVA, M. Exit from Exchange Rate Regimes and Length of Economic Recovery: Propensity Score Matching Approach. Work in progress.
7. FISERA, B. - SIRANOVA, M. Income Inequality as Conditioning Factor of Monetary Transmission in EA Countries. Work in progress.
8. FISERA, B. - SIRANOVA, M. Interplay between Inequality and Financial Development as Conditioning Factor of Monetary Transmission in Euro Area: Evidence form Interacted Panel VAR. Work in progress.
International finance with special focus on balance of payments issues, current account imbalances.
Empirical monetary policy
January 2020, IES Charles University, Czechia, cooperation with prof. Roman Horvath
November 2017 & January 2018, Gdansk University of Technology, Poland, cooperation with Dr. Karolina Gawron-Tura
January 2016, University of Bangor, United Kingdom, invitation by prof. Philippe Molyneux
January 2015 - June 2015, Graduate Institute Geneva, Switzerland, visiting researcher under supervision of prof. Ugo Panizza
May 2013 - August 2013, University of Porto, Portugal, visiting researcher, cooperation with Dr. Manuel Duarte Rocha